What if you turn on your air conditioner, and all you get is dust and warm air? It is best to schedule routine Wesley Chapel air conditioning maintenance to avoid such occurrences, prepare your AC for the summer and prevent unexpected breakdowns.
How Often Should You Replace Your Air Filters?
The air filter is vital to achieving healthy airflow and protecting you and your family from dust and other pollutants. While many heating and cooling experts recommend changing air filters every 1 to 3 months, the frequency may vary depending on your specific home needs, which are as follows:
- Every 30-60 days, you must replace air filters.
- Change air filters in 60 days if you have one pet. However, if you have multiple pets at home, have the filters changed every 20 to 45 days.
- Air filters can be changed every 6 to 12 months in households without pets.
- If you have a smoker in your home, you should have the filters changed every 30 days.
DIY AC Maintenance Tips
Inspect and maintain AC coils
Because of the long inactivity during the winter, your air conditioner’s evaporator or condenser coils become dusty or cluttered. As a result, it is essential to ensure that these coils are kept clean. Otherwise, the grime can reduce the efficiency and airflow of the machine.
Inspect the AC thermostat
Another essential air conditioner maintenance tip is to watch your machine’s thermostat unit. Controlling your thermostat will ensure that your air conditioning system operates at the proper temperature. Aside from that, if you believe your thermostat is not working correctly, replace it with a smart thermostat.
Tips For Keeping AC in Good Working Order
- When the condenser unit is not in use, keep the area around it clean. Your outdoor unit will work more efficiently if clean and free of dirt. Professional AC companies in Wesley Chapel should perform a more thorough cleaning.
- To keep the inside vents clean, vacuum them. Keep dirt, debris, and dust away from the interior supply vents to help maintain consistent airflow from your system. Blinds, furniture, and children’s toys should all be kept away from vents.
- You can save money and energy by decreasing the temperature by 5–8 degrees (reduce in winter, higher in summer). A smart thermostat can adjust the temperature at specific times of the day or when you will be gone for an extended period.
- Close the curtains and shutters during the day to keep the heat out.
- Check for any obstructions in your drain pipe. Pour one cup of chlorine bleach down your air conditioning drain and then rinse it with a gallon of water to keep it clean all summer. If your drain line becomes clogged, it will help prevent flooding in your basement.
Custom Air Conditioning & Air Quality, LLC is the company to call if you need AC companies in Wesley Chapel. To schedule our professional and affordable heating and air services, contact us at 813-641-4889.