Can you recall the last time your air conditioner had a thorough tune-up? If you have ignored or forgotten your AC tune-up, your AC will let you know it requires one through unusual signs. A prolonged system life, improved indoor air quality, and less operation cost are just some of the benefits of a regular AC tune-up. Durable and well-functioning units rely on qualitative and timely servicing.
A comprehensive AC tune-up in Wesley Chapel can ensure a smooth and optimally functioning reliable AC unit. Ideally, your air conditioning unit should be inspected at least once a year to avert any last-minute breakdowns.
1.) What is Included in an AC Tune-up?
Routine tune-ups involve a professional checking your system under different modes of operation. Depending on the air conditioner tune-up in Wesley Chapel service you have opted for, a standard AC Tune-up should last around an hour.
However, if an underlying issue or default has been diagnosed, it may stretch longer. A routine tune-up will include the following:
- After condenser inspection, check the refrigerant charge levels and airflow for leaks.
- Ensuring all electrical connections are sound and components are working efficiently.
- Testing secure physical connections of individual parts for wear and tear.
- Cleaning and replacing the air filters, if needed, and adjusting the fan balance.
- Check the run capacitor for bulging or unusual markings or colours, and clean the outdoor condenser coil.
- If needed, check blockages in the indoor evaporator coil and use a self-rising cleaner.
- Checking the condensate drainage system and cleaning the drain pan.
- Cleaning and securing blower components.
- Lubricating any worn-off parts for smooth functioning.
The inspection is usually followed by a feedback report of the status of your system. It includes any issues that may require professional attention or additional repairs.
The technician might also prepare an estimate for required repairs such as a refrigerant leak, charging the system with refrigerant, fixing blowers, components, etc.
2.) How Often Should You Get an AC Tune-up?
The ideal time for an AC tune-up is after winter and before the scorching summer approaches. Our AC units tend to get neglected in winters which can mount unbearable issues. Spring makes for an ideal time to schedule a tune-up before the summer.
Generally, one or two years is the ideal frequency for a thorough AC tune-up. Some manufacturers require careful timely tune-ups for the warranty to remain valid. Hence, a regular and systematic tune-up can promise you long-term durability.
3.) How Much Does an Average AC Tune-up Cost?
While some technicians charge per hour of service, a standard AC tune-up in Wesley Chapel should cost around $25 to $75. Some services offer deals on regular checkups ranging from $120 – $360, while prices vary for diagnostic inspections. Compared with the return on the investment, a regular tune-up proves highly economical by saving you on costly repairs and unforeseen replacements.
Visit Custom Air Conditioning & Air Quality, LLC for a free tune-up estimate from our proficient and trained professionals to look after your priced AC systems. Contact us to schedule an AC tune-up in Zephyrhills, FL, today.